Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Career of the Day: Notary Public

Boy, this looked so easy when I watched other people do it. It is essentially easy, but with many rules behind it. Essentially I'm a professional witness. When I am asked to notarize a document, I need to ascertain many things, i.e., is the person signing of sound enough mind to know what they are signing, do they understand it, are they signing it willingly, are they who they say they are? I've primarily notarized estate planning documents, and the people involved are all too happy to get this part of their lives squared away, so it's usually smooth sailing. Unfortunately, dying is a lot more complicated these days, so for a married couple I'll end up notarizing 14-18 documents by the time I'm done, and it takes a couple of hours.

2 comments:

Good Vibe Coach said...

All right, girlfriend, you are officially tagged for responding to how you would spend 36 hours of extra time each week.

Refer to Ed Mills' post at
http://www.evolvingtimes.com/2007/09/with-36-hours-of-extra-free-time-i-would.htm

for how this works. I'm still getting the hang of it myself, so use his post as a guide for how to play.

Can't wait to hear your answer on this one. lol I'm ALREADY laughing at the thought of your response!

You are TOO funny, my friend!

adrin said...

Nice analogy.


Code is - Legal advice forum