Monday, September 17, 2007

Career of the Day: eBay Retailer

Some days I don't even want to acknowledge this. I know there are people making good money on eBay, but currently that's not me. Listing items is time-consuming, and I don't enjoy it. I love packaging up my sales and sending them out lickety-split with my little note of appreciation, but I loathe listing items.

Finding a reliable dropshipper is something that would probably make my eBay retailing easier, but I'm still working on that, probably because of my misgivings about not personally handling the item I've sold. I've purchased items on eBay myself, things that I threw directly in the trash when they arrived because of the abysmal quality. "Why didn't you return it and get your money back?" Well, because I paid 99 cents for the item and $14.95 for shipping and handling, the latter of which could not be refunded.

This kind of thing is frustrating and disappointing, and sometimes (shock!) eBay sellers are not the most reasonable or concerned with my satisfaction. I never want a customer of mine to feel this way from something they purchased from me. So, while I await a celestial memo informing of the perfect items for me to sell on eBay, there's a group of people roughly the population of Finland out there to assist me with their information products
.

No comments: